Search This Blog

Thursday, February 17, 2011

Valentines

So I decided to surprise my fiancee? wife? still confused lol.
I think whoever has done this before can attest to what I'm about to blog about.
All the sneaking around and finding time to get the best things isn't easy but it was actually kinda fun.
So, went to Mid Valley to get her gift (a musical box) then walked around for about 2 hours thinking what would be suitable (yeah I'm a little on the fussy side when it comes to buying stuff).
Got some candles (the nice wavy ones), a candlestick that fits 2 candles, a tri-candle holder thingy and a bottle of red wine.

Had to act as though I never prepared anything (previous years we always celebrated before or after Valentines to avoid the astronomical price hike on all items and also the crowd).
Accidentally piqued her curiosity and made her a little pissed when I said that I had someone else secret to keep that I can't tell her till Thursday (Valentines was on a Tuesday).

Sneaked of that morning to buy nice dinner plates and a corkscrew.
Ordered some food from a restaurant nearby (to be picked up at night), the usual, salads and spaghetti. Went to Secret Recipe to order her favourite cake (American brownies) and mine (chocolate indulgence).
I wanted to cook but due to my previously disastrous spaghetti attempt I thought it would be more romantic if I didn't give her post Valentines diarrhea...
Took about 2 hours to pick the dinner plates..told you I was fussy...
Hid the plates in the post box when i came back...yeah...I had no idea where else to hide it.

After she left for work I started cleaning the house. OMG, I really hate sweeping and mopping the floor. I takes me like an hour and a half to finish it. Cleared up the 'long overdue for storing' Christmas tree and other little things. I have to admit, I got the cleaning up thing from the net. Apparently girls appreciate that... :D Placed some candles at strategic places...learned how to fold a heart shaped napkin...
Chin Ming Jian was really kind enough to drive me around to collect the food and get a pair of wine glasses and desert plates.
The waiter conveniently forgot my order and said we had to wait for half an hour. Half an hour went by and he said that the kitchen was closed.
That was one of the extremely rare moments when I released my anger in public.
He definitely got some. Thinking back...maybe I was a little harsh. The place was packed to the brim with people waiting for empty tables and he was running around like crazy...

Anyways, made a mad dash to Secret Recipe and thank God their kitchen was still open. Why the mad dash? It's because at any moment she would go home and see the table spread out.



Sorry about the lighter and the lack of wine glasses. This was before I managed to get em. Mr Chin was a great friend that night. He helped me prepare the food etc while I got prepared. He also convinced me to get a flower for her. Owe him a big one.
Lit the candles and waited...


Awesome...

2 comments: