Search This Blog

Wednesday, December 21, 2011

Forgiveness, Never Say No to Panda and The Price of the Male Ego

I've always had a philosophy of 'Never hate anyone, no matter how bad it is surely you can at least have a 'normal' relationship with that person even though there might be some things that you do not like about him/her'. That was my thought all along because no one has ever pissed me off really bad before until about two years ago when a friend of mine really pushed the wrong buttons. For the first time in my life I really felt hatred towards a person, not just anger but hate. There was a strange twisted pleasure in having all that hate and expressing it to whoever would listen. Thinking back, it was really wrong of me to revel in that. 1+ years down the road I thought back on my 'philosophy' and just there and then decided that all is forgiven. Definitely not forgotten but forgiven. If that friend were to ever contact me again I would definitely want to clear the air and see what happens. Of course I would like that person to know exactly why I was angry and would still want him to realise what he did wrong before all the forgiveness can happen. I wonder if that is right? Are you suppose to forgive someone only after that person realises he's wrong or forgive him or her even though he or she thinks that they are right? Hmmmm....

God said to forgive a person 70 x 7 times or in my personal understanding that means always but it is definitely something that is really hard to do. I've come to fully realise that it might be impossible with my own strength. Would be pretty hard to forgive someone who takes away someone you really love right? But I guess if it ever comes to that, all I can do is to pray really hard that I can find the will to forgive.

Never Say No to Panda
Anyways, enough with all that seriousness. Here's a clip that me and Rachel had a crazy laughter session over:


Male Ego
Went to the gym on Monday. I think I have a small male ego problem lol. Saw 3 Chinese guys there who were a little bigger in size than me and I wanted to 'best' them in lifting stuff (seriously, apa halnya?). Saw them doing some bench presses and saw that the weights wasn't that high so I thought 'Aku lagi kuat beb!'. Since I haven't been to the gym in about almost 2 years, I know that I was definitely much weaker than the last time I was there. However, because I wanted to be a hero, I tried to pile on as much weight as I can to the Olympic barbell (which was more than what they were doing lah) and started to do some bench presses and hey I managed to pull it off (but of course in reality it's actually still quite a pitiful weight). So went on to do a bunch of other stuff and even went for a quick run which turned out to be really quick because I was flat out of gas only after a few rounds round the stadium...

The next day I woke up to the beautiful sensation of pain...lots and lots of pain. My legs were like jelly, literally. They were wobbling all over the place when I climbed up and down the stairs. My shoulders and arms and chest were like "Why did you do this to us? You happy now?!". Unfortunately for me, my badminton kaki's were going to join 2 guys whom we played with last week. We all agreed that one of the 2 guys was quite a bit of a prick, pardon me. So of course I was fired up to do some trashing that night. I actually didn't learn from my lesson from the day before of trying to be a Hero. So turn on Superhero mode.

Needless to say, my body decided that Adrian was due for some punishment. My smashes were slightly faster than a tortoise having diarrhoea looking for a toilet, my net play was well...only finding the net and my movement around the court can be an example in the dictionary when you look up the word stasis...
To add salt and lemon juice and serbuk cili to the wound, every time my leg landed, it felt like I can never be happy again... It was purely a miracle that I didn't get trashed worse than what I got (and deserve I might add). Surprisingly, I woke up today with a whole lot more pain than yesterday (hint hint, read this sentence out loud with a voice dripping with sarcasm, roll your eyes for added effect). Tambahan pula, saya terpaksa naik turun lima tingkat beberapa kali kerana saya terpaksa keluar membeli barang. Kesakitan dan keperitan yang saya rasai tidak dapat dijelaskan dengan kata-kata. Saya amat pasti yang saya telah memecah rekod untuk masa yang paling lama yang diambil oleh seorang lelaki hensem (ehem ehem batuk) untuk naik turun lima tingkat. Ini merupakan pengalaman yang amat berharga di dalam hidup saya. Sehingga ke akhir hayat, sehingga saya menghembus nafas terakhir, saya tidak akan melupakan 2 hari di mana saya berjaya menjadi seorang... Superhero.

Couldn't help it. I really loved writing karangan's in the past. But I got to say that my skills have declined tremendously. Gotta buck up if I want to answer the call of our government to Martabatkan Bahasa Kita. Just in case anyone is reading between the lines here, there isn't one. I really love Bahasa Malaysia and I do think that all Malaysians should at least try to speak it well. Heck, I'm Peranakan.

3 comments:

  1. Good for you for forgiving that mentioned friend.

    And I don't think it mattered if you did do the right weight range in the gym, you'd still feel sore the next day since you haven't done it in a really long time. Heh.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yeah haha, but could have lowered the pain level a bit if I didn't push it. 4th day and still sakit wei...

    ReplyDelete
  3. Tree Doctor offers the best in Arizona tree service, Arizona tree trimming, and Arizona tree removal.

    ReplyDelete