Search This Blog

Thursday, April 14, 2011

Eternal memories



Ah...the pre-wedding photoshoot. The dream of every girl and the ordeal of every guy. I faced that day with a little apprehension because it has always been a 'bad' experience for everyone I know. It was bad as in tiring and hot etc etc.

However, when the day came, I was pretty ok with it. Felt a little lazy of course as we had to wake up early and I had to wear a suit and a tie and all that. I hate wearing ties...

We had our first session in Janda Baik, located somewhere near Bukit Tinggi and therefore it was a pretty cold place, well at least for Malaysia. I was happy about that as I am a person who perspires really easily. It was about a 2 hour drive from Klang. When we arrived I was pretty contented because I've always loved the outdoors and nature and stuff and the place was beautiful. We started at a fully wooden building which was large enough for a standard ballroom hall and some offices. Girls, take notes: You MUST have someone who will help you get in and out of your dresses and also carry all the props that you need. Do not rely solely on your husband to be because half the time he would be like "What am I suppose to do?! I'm not good at this!". Well at least that was the case with me. We were fortunate to have her sister with us and she was just great throughout the whole thing.

I have a big confession. When it comes to posing and taking pictures, I am really really KAYU. Ask a piece of stick to pose and it would probably do a better job than me. Luckily this was offset by Rachel's natural ability to pose really well. I really don't know how she does it but the camera really really likes her. On the other hand, I think the camera wants to gorge out its film, unravel it and strangle me to death. Talk about feeling awkward... I would credit the cameraman as being a little bit of a saint. Any other guy would have torn his hair out, screamed at me and in a couple of months time be convicted of murder. That was how bad I was.

What's the moral of this story so far? Guys, do a little bit of homework before you go for your photoshooting session. Practice in front of the mirror for a couple of hours until you get things right. It would save you guys a lot of time on that day. I did flip through some magazines looking for some hints on how to pose well and I came to realise one absolute truth. Male models who pose for cloths do not smile (unless its some sort of casual clothing and all you see are candid 'action' poses). What's the matter with them? They literally just stand there looking hunky. No help there.

I have to say that Rachel just looked gorgeous that day. At least I had something to look at while I was struggling to smile or put my hands here or there, cross your legs like this, look here, no no look there, wait...look here again, look...there's a little birdy...zzzz....  And of course I perspired heavily in the cold mountain air, arrrggghhh... Fact: Wearing a suit is like having a portable sauna.

We had our second photoshoot session in Malacca which is my Kampung (yeah, we're really blessed). Now THAT was a hot day. We were around the Jonker street area and it was only then did I realise that it was a truly beautiful place. Well, I've also always liked historical places and such. Some guys just absolutely hate other guys looking at their girl but I the kind who is just proud that they do. Hey, it just means she is Hotttt! :D It did feel a little weird to be posing in the midst of all that hustle and bustle but it was all good. Love it when the locals and also tourists stop by to give a little thumbs up or congratulate us. Heck we didn't mind them taking some shots of their own.

All in all it was an experience that is eternal. I would not go as far as calling an experience that I truly enjoyed but I would say that it is something that I am glad I went through. To my beautiful bride to be, thank you for being so patient. Thanks to you the kayu became a little more malleable that day.

5 comments:

  1. bro, u very handsome, and the Rachael leng lui too

    From zhi hao

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks man. But she's the leng lui. I'm just a prop. :D

    ReplyDelete
  3. so humble...pretty bride & handsome groom! but can know from ur pic that u try ur very best to pose...LOL

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lol. You know what happened when we got the pics to choose? I think there was a total of 1000 photos (both sessions together). We had difficulty choosing most of the pics because of how bad I looked AND too many of how good she looked. So you can imagine...haha

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh yeah, thanks so much for the compliments. :)

    ReplyDelete